Let Shawn Ritchey be your Presenter or Spokesperson for your convention, function or meeting. Set the agenda or consider one of these helpful topics:
- The Art of an Injury-free Work Day: Every Employer and Employee can benefit from this presentation; a dynamic blend of basic ergonomics, scene/site safety, driver awareness for the workplace and/or going to & from the workplace.
- By Definition, Emergencies aren’t planned! So now what?: Whether at home, work or travel, this is a brief look at what we can do to be better prepared for the “unknown” as it relates to Personal Safety.
- Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes; Knees & Toes: Ergonomics in brief; Practical suggestions for minimizing, preventing and/or relieving Mid-back, Low-back or Forearm injuries at work.
- DU(p)I – Driving Under (a positive) Influence: Motor Vehicle crashes are the leading cause of work-related deaths (no matter the industry). Nearly 54% of the workforce being fatally injured OFF-THE-JOB is also attributed to vehicle crashes: This presentation introduces pertinent, practical principals for safe driving.
- The Art of “Buying Time”: A brief look at First Aid and how to initially care for ANY ill or injured person. (Learn the meaning and importance of: S.T.O.P before you Go; Do NOT underestimate the importance of comfort-care as being legitimate first aid; Left is best when placing someone on their side; Minimize movement to minimize injury; Stroke? Then think F.A.S.T., and more)
- Workplace Violence: This is a brief overview to raise awareness of potential workplace violence. Origins, early-warning signs, de-escalation suggestions and strategies will be briefly discussed.
These presentations can be modified to blend with other subjects if interested. Each of these suggested presentations can be lengthened or shorted to accommodate a time range of 30-120 minutes in length. Additional available modifications include:
- Ergonomics can be a “stand-alone” class (2-4 hours in length).
- First Aid (and/or CPR/AED) can be a “stand-alone” class (4-6 hours in length) with Nationally accredited student book & completion cards.
- The Defensive Driver Awareness training can also be a “stand-alone” class (2-7 hours) with a Regionally recognized student book & completion card.